- 08:34 LADY GAGA - Paparazzi
- 08:21 Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- 08:14 Take That - Everything Changes
- 08:11 Madonna - Holiday
- View more songs here...
Angela murder latest, police welcome sentence on man who attacked baby & council aims to get back stolen money from former manager
Angela murder latest
A 51-year-old man from Westcliff arrested by police yesterday on suspicion of the murder of a Southend woman has been released on bail.
The remains of 33 year old Angela Millington were found washed up on Foulness in June.
Police welcome jail term
Police are welcoming the 20 year sentence handed to a Clacton man - for attacking a baby in his care.
The 10 week-old girl was left with life-changing injuries.
Investigating officer Ds Kerrie Katinas said: "This heinous crime committed against an innocent, defenceless baby left her with life changing injuries.
"It has been an incredibly emotional case and I am thankful to all the witnesses who attended court after he failed to take responsibility for his actions. He still continues to show no remorse for causing such serious injuries."
Council aims to get back stolen money
Chelmsford City Council says it's looking to get back nearly a quarter of a million pounds - stolen by a former manager.
David Archer was jailed for three years yesterday.
Biker hurt in crash
A motorcyclist remains in a stable condition in hospital after a crash in Sible Hedingham.
His injuries AREN'T thought to be life-threatening - following a collision with a car on Swan Street on Tuesday.
A 78 year-old man from the Halstead area was arrested on suspicion of Dangerous Driving causing serious injury and driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs. He has since been bailed to November 7th.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the collision should contact Pc Lance Hutchin at the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com.
Firefighter strikes in the row over pensions continue today.
Fire bosses in Essex are urging people to go to organised bonfire night celebrations rather than holding their own.
Added by news on 01/11/2014 08:36:27
Clacton man jailed for baby attack & Ex-Chelmsford Council boss jailed for fraud & theft
Clacton man jailed for baby attack
A Clacton man's been jailed for 20 years for causing life changing injuries to a 10-week old baby girl in his care.
The 33 year-old - who can't be named for legal reasonis - was found guilty of GBH with intent AND neglect
A woman - who's admitted neglect - will be sentenced in three weeks time.
Ex-Chelmsford Council boss jailed for fraud & theft
A former manager at Chelmsford Council's been jailed for THREE YEARS - after admitting stealing nearly a quarter of a million pounds from the local authority.
David Archer put the money into his personal account between 2004 and 2007 - but claimed it had gone to organisations working on behalf of the council.
Officials say they're trying to recover the cash.
Angela murder: Man arrested
A man's been arrested by Police investigating the murder of Southend woman Angela Millington.
The 51 year old was detained this morning and is now being questioned at a local police station.
Detectives say they're following up a number of calls from the public after going public about the discovery of her remains on Foulness on Wednesday.
Angela's remains were found washed up on Foulness Island on Saturday, June 21.
It is not known how or when the 33-year-old who lived in Southend died, or even how long she had been there.
Police have created an #answers4angela hashtag on Twitter and posted an appeal for information on their You Tube channel.
Anyone that can help is asked to contact the dedicated incident room on Essex Police 101 extension 470173 during office hours or just 101 outside of those times.
Another consultation on Thames crossing
It's understood there's going to be a new consultation on plans for a new Lower Thames crossing.
Roads Minister John Hayes has told the MP for Basildon and Thurrock that no decision will be made until more detailed analysis has been carried out and the public have another say - towards the end of next year or early 2016.
Stephen Metcalfe's told us that the Minister also confirmed that neither of the two options was more likely to be adopted than the other.
He's also revealed that the illustrative route alignments shown in the last consultation were only indicative of some potential solutions, when in practise many permutations will be considered.
Armed robbers involved in series of incidents
Three masked men - armed with a crow bar - have robbed a shop in Harlow.
Police are linkng the incident to burglaries in Harlow and Broxbourne on Wednesday night.
Former Lougton Church warden jailed for £5m fraud
A former Loughton Church Warden - who took 5 point 3 million pounds from parishoners and told them he could invest it and make a profit - has been jailed for fraud.
49 year-old Patrick Coppeard - from Spring Grove - was sentenced to five years.
He targeted 62 people over a five year period.
Plans in place to cover Firegihter strikes
Fire bosses in Essex say contingency plans ARE in place - ahead of a series of nationwide stikes over the next four days - starting tonight.
It's in the ongoing rown with the government over pensions.
We're being urged to take extra care with Halloween and Bonfire night celebrations taking place over the weekend.
Halloween warning from Essex Police
Essex Police say they won't tolerate anti-social behaviour this halloween.
Officers are warning they'll take a firm approach with anyone causing problems for others.
Stansted 'worst in Britain' for services
Stansted Airport has been voted the worst in Britain for services in a new survey.
The Saga poll rates Glasgow best.
Queuing at security is the thing that most irritates passengers.The cost of food and drink and expensive parking are among their other biggest gripes.
Family threatened with club in Grays break-in
A family have been threatened with a golf club during a burglary at a house in Grays.
Four men made off from Haig Road on Wednesday with cash, phones and an iPad.
Couple treated after SWF gas leak
A man and woman have been treated after a carbon monoxide leak at their house in South Woodham Ferrers.
Fire crews were called to Collingwood Road last night.
Added by news on 31/10/2014 15:18:31
Pedestrian killed on A12, Stansted cargo plane incident & lorries in long running road rage incident
Report criticises Southend A&E
The A & E department at Southend Hospital's been heavily criticised in a new report by the Care Quality Commission.
Inspectors found many areas were dirty - including equipment - and unsafe medicine control.
They also found a lack of suitably qualified nursing staff and a serious lack of consultants on duty.
Pedestrian killed on A12
A pedestrian's died after being hit by a number of vehicles on the A12 in Essex.
The incident happened around 3am between Boreham and Hatfield Peverel.
The A12 is closed northbound (0900) on that stretch.
The victim is a man, believed to be in his 20s.
Diversions are in place but motorists are asked to avoid the area if possible.
One lane, southbound, is also closed which is causing delays.(0900)
Any witnesses to the collision or anyone who can help with any information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on Essex Police 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stansted cargo plane incident latest
It's been revealed RAF fighter jets threatened to shoot down a Latvian cargo plane before escorting it into Stansted airport.
The incident led to scores of reports of a sonic boom heard across Essex and Kent.
The Typhoons were scrambled after air traffic control lost contact with the aircraft as it approached London.
Efit released after rape
Police investigating an attempted rape in Harlow have released an efit of a man they want to speak to.
A 65 year-old woman was attacked on Southern Way a month ago.
Officers believe the man is still in the Harlow area and would like to hear from anyone who recognises the e-fit or believes they may have seen him.
The man pictured is described as white, aged in his mid-20s, 5ft 4in to 5ft 5in tall, of small to medium build, with short dark hair and was wearing a blue checked shirt and light trousers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at the West Sexual Offences Investigation Team on 101 or contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Lorries in long running road rage incident
Police are appealing for witnesses after an altercation between two lorries on the M11 between Harlow and Epping.
The incident started just before Midday on Monday (October 27) when a white and blue Volvo HGV with a blue trailer forced a white Mercedes HGV with a red trailer on to the hard shoulder and on to the grass while travelling towards Epping.
The altercation continued along the M25 and the A127 towards Basildon, when the Mercedes was forced in to the central reservation by the Volvo and the male driver then produced a crowbar, leaned out of his window and attacked the other lorry.
Officers say there all happened while the vehicles were driving on a busy dual carriageway at 50mph.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Pc Mike Bignell at Chigwell Roads Policing Unit on 101.
Added by news on 30/10/2014 14:06:21
Fighter jets escort plane into Stansted & Bones find leads to murder inquiry
Fighter jets escort plane into Stansted
Typhoon fighter jets have escorted a Russian-built cargo plane into
The aircraft - from Latvia - is now safely on the ground in Essex.
Stansted says the airport is open and operating as usual.
Earlier, the sonic boom created by the jets was heard across a large part of south east England, with Kent police attributing it to 'RAF activity'.
UPDATE 1800 - From Essex Police...
Military jets were deployed on a precautionary basis when a Lithuian registered cargo plane was diverted to Stansted.
This was due to a loss of communication with the aircraft.
The aircraft landed safely at Stansted airport at around 5.20pm on Wednesday October 29.
All three people who were on board have been spoken to by police, it was established that everything was in order and reason for the short loss of communication was due to a change in airspace jurisdiction.
Essex Police is not investigating the incident and the aircraft
will be able to continue its journey to Birmingham when it is ready.
Murder inquiry launched after bones found
Detectives are trying to piece together the final movements of a Southend woman - who's death has sparked a murder inquiry.
Bones belonging to Angela Millington were found washed up on Foulness Island in June.
The last definIte sighting of the 33-year-old STILL ALIVE was last November.
DCI Simon Werrett has told us: "The last definite sighting of her was when she visited a housing officer in Westcliff on November 21. Money was also drawn out of her bank account on that day. Her mobile phone has not been used since the end of November and we have not found any of her clothing or belongings."
Anybody with any information is asked to contact the dedicated incident room on 01702 470173 during office hours or 101 outside of those times.
Essex one of the worst for health complaints
A new report's revealed Essex has had the second highest number of serious complaints about the health service in th eocuntry.
The Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman says only London had more.
One involved a man who was wrongly told he had terminal cancer by doctors working for Mid-Essex Hospitals.
Parents' worries over school costs
New research has found more than 100,000 families in Essex are struggling to meet the costs of their children's schooling.
The Children's Society says the county's parents are spending a total of more than £175 million on things like uniform, books and trips.
Council cracking down on Travellers
Councillors in Harlow say they're doing all they can to move on travellers from four illegal encampments in the town.
Nine caravans on Westfield will be issued with paperwork later ordering them to move on.
Meanwhile, those on Third Avenue and Station Road were given a deadline of today to leave.
You can find more information on unauthorised encampments as well as frequently asked questions HERE
Man held after 'threats to kill'
Police have arrested a man from Basildon on suspicion of threats to kill and assault after an incident in Tyefields, Pitsea.
The 61-year-old man from Pitsea was arrested following an argument in the street on Friday evening (October 24.)
Officers investigating are appealing to trace some window cleaners who were working in the area at the time.
These people or anyone else with information is asked to contact Dc Tony Thomas at Basildon police station on 101.
Third man arrested over Braintree disturbance
A 25 year-old man's been arrested in connection with a disturbance in Braintree.
Two other men have been bailed in connection with the incident - in High Street earlier this month.
Three people were injured.
Skateboard park gets official status
An Essex skatepark has become a protected heritage site, in recognition of its cultural importance.
The Rom skatepark in Hornchurch is the first facility of its kind in Europe and only the second in the world to achieve listed status.
Heritage bosses say the1978 concrete construction is an important example of youth culture in the UK.
Added by news on 29/10/2014 18:13:15
Airshow to return in 2015 & Man sexually assaulted in Clacton
Airshow to return in 2015
The Southend Airshow is to return next year.
The inaugural Southend Airshow & Military Festival will take place on the weekend of the 12th and 13th of September.
The event hasn`t taken place for the last two years after the council withdrew funding
However, the new organisers say they`ve now raised the right amount of money and secured enough attractions.
The return of the event has been a dream for Thomas Curtis and John delaney.
Thom told us: "There is no doubt in my mind that Southend Airshow & Military Festival will be the highlight of Summer 2015."
John: "It's been a long haul to get here and I am delighted we can now look forward to an Airshow in Southend for 2015."
Man sexually assualted in Clacton
A 20 year-old man's been sexually assaulted in Clacton.
The incident comes as police investigate a series of reports of young boys being accosted in the town.
Detectives believe the same man's responsible for all five.
Huhne loses M11 speeding legal challenge
Former MP Chris Huhne's lost a legal challenge over his prosection for giving speeding points - picked up on the M11 in Essex - to his then wife.
Court of appeal judges have said the former cabinet minister MUST pay more than £77,000 following the incident in 2003.
Both he and Vicky Pryce have served prison sentences.
Arrests in foreign criminal crackdown
Fifteen people have been arrested in an operation targeting foreign criminals in Essex.
Albanian, Vietnamese, Polish and Romanian nationals are among those in custody.
Cannabis plants worth around £1.5 million have also been seized
Blunkett defends 'swamped' Defence Secretary
David Blunkett says Defence Secretary Michael Fallon was right to say coastal towns like Southend and Clacton were suffering from an influx of immigrants.
The former Labour home secretary has told the Daily Mail, even though it's controversial, it can't be ignored.
Mr Fallon later admitted he was "a bit careless" by saying resorts were being 'swamped by people coming from within the EU.'
'Grenade' causes travel chaos
What's believed to be a hand grenade has been found on a roundabout in south Essex.
The discovery led to the police closing the roads on the A130 - A127 junction.
Drivers were also being advised to avoid the area.
However, the item has since turned out to be imitation and all road clsoures have been lifted.
Missing woman found
A woman who was missing from her home in Clacton has been found.
Helen Ryan, 42, was found this morning (Tuesday, October 28) safe and well in the Clacton area.
Employee admits £250k council theft
A former manager at Chelmsford City Council has admitted stealing nearly £250,000 from the local authority.
David Archer put the money into his personal account between 2004 and 2007 - but claimed it had gone to organisations working on behalf of the council.
He's now awaiting sentence and the court will look to get the money back.
Girl, 16, missing with man
It's thought a teenage girl - missing from Chelmsford for nearly two weeks - could be with a 24 year-old man.
Police say 16 year-old Courtney Anderson and Luke Ratcliffe might be in east London.
Meanwhile, a 42 year-old woman's gone missing from Clacton.
Helen Ryan disappeared on Saturday; police say she doesn't have a car or any money with her.
Added by news on 28/10/2014 16:06:23